KAIST graduate admission is proceeded by two different teams. The Graduate Admission Team(application, document review, announcement of result) and the Administration Team for School of Computing(evaluation). Please note that the two teams are handling different stages of the admission process and you are recommended to contact the team that would be able to provide you with an accurate response to your inquiry. ※ If you are interested in applying for the Graduate School of Information Security, please note that it runs by another department.
- Print out the form and send it to Admissions Office with other necessary documents.
Can I apply for two different departments at the same time if I pay application fee twice?
Academic programs that School of Computing offers?
- MS, PhD, and MS-PhD combined.
Can my professor send a recommendation letter directly to KAIST?
- From 2019 Fall Admission tracks,recommendation letters are only received by KAIST recommendation system.Once you complete application payment,each recommender will receive an automated email instructing them how to proceed with their recommendation letters through an online process. But please note that recommendation letters should be received to our system by the document submission due date.
FAQ: English Proficiency Proof
- TOEFL iBT 83 (220 for computer-based; 560 for paper-based),
My TOEFL score has just expired, can I submit this report?
- No. Tests should be taken within two years prior to the application deadline.
Can I submit a test report after I accepted to KAIST?
- No. You must submit EPT before the deadline of submission.
Who can be exempt form submitting the EPT score?
*EPT Exemption requirement applies to three cases below.
1. Applicants who are nationals of English native speaking countries (Guyana, New Zealand, United States, Ireland, United Kingdom, Australia, Canada) or officially English speaking countries.(e.g. India, Pakistan, Ethiopia, Kenya, and etc.) are exempt from submitting the EPT report. An English Lecture Certificate is required for those who studied in officially English speaking countries.
2.Applicants who completed their degree programs (Bachelor’s, Master’s or Doctoral degree) in an English native speaking country are exempt form submitting an EPT reeport.(English native speaking countries: Guyana,New Zealand, United States, Ireland, United Kingdom, Australia, Canada)
3.Applicants who are already enrolled in KAIST as graduate degree program (MS/PhD) student during the period of application are exempt form submitting the EPT report.
FAQ: Advising Professor
Should I contact a potential Advising professor?
- Yes.It is hight recommended for applicants to find an advising professor before applying. The list of the SoC professors can be found on the website:https://cs.kaist.ac.kr/people/faculty
How can I apply for KAIST scholarship?
- Select ‘KAIST Scholarship’ as a means of your financial resources on the form of statement of financial resources in the online application.
Are courses in KAIST taught in English?
- Over 80% of lectures are offered in English. Most of the major courses are offered in English.