■ KAIST Office of Admissions: https://admission.kaist.ac.kr/intl-graduate/
Graduate Programs Admission for International Students
Application Deadlines (2021)
- Fall Semester Early Admission
- - On-line application: 2020.12.08-2020.12.31 / document submission: 2021.01.05
- Fall Semester Regular Admission
- - On-line application: 2021.03.16-2021.04.02 / document submission: 2021.04.09
- - Applicants of International Student Admissiion.
- - Full tuition fee : tuition exemption for 4 semesters (MS) / 8 semesters (PhD)
- - Living expenses : 350,000 KRW per month (for MS) or 400,000 KRW per month (for PhD)
- - Medical Insurance
- - Additional Stipend can be available for research asistants.
- - Students must maintain GPA over 20. out of 4.3 at KAIST.
- On average, an international student is receiving 1,300,000 KRW (~1164 USD) / month for living allowance + extra payment from research projects (as of Sept. 2018)
Documents to Submit:
- Application form
- Statement of financial resources
- Recommendation letters
- Diploma / Degree
- Transcripts of academic records
- English proficiency test reports (EPT)
- Curriculum vitae
- Identity documents I (applicant’s)
- Identity documents II (parents’)
- GMAT/GRE is NOT required.
FAQ: Application Procedure
- How can I apply to KAIST?
- Can I apply for two different departments at the same time if I pay application fee twice?
- Academic programs that School of Computing offers?
- - MS, PhD, and MS-PhD combined.
- Can my professor send a recommendation letter directly to KAIST?
- - From 2019 Fall Admission tracks,recommendation letters are only received by KAIST recommendation system.Once you complete application payment,each recommender will receive an automated email instructing them how to proceed with their recommendation letters through an online process. But please note that recommendation letters should be received to our system by the document submission due date.
FAQ: English Proficiency Proof
- Minimum requirements?
- - TOEFL iBT 83 (220 for computer-based; 560 for paper-based),
- - IELTS 6.5, TEPS 599, TOEIC 720 (Listening & Reading)
- My TOEFL score has just expired, can I submit this report?
- - No. Tests should be taken within two years prior to the application deadline.
- Can I submit a test report after I accepted to KAIST?
- - No. You must submit EPT before the deadline of submission.
- Who can be exempt form submitting the EPT score?
- *EPT Exemption requirement applies to three cases below.
- 1. Applicants who are nationals of English native speaking countries (Guyana, New Zealand, United States, Ireland, United Kingdom, Australia, Canada) or officially English speaking countries.(e.g. India, Pakistan, Ethiopia, Kenya, and etc.) are exempt from submitting the EPT report. An English Lecture Certificate is required for those who studied in officially English speaking countries.
- 2.Applicants who completed their degree programs (Bachelor’s, Master’s or Doctoral degree) in an English native speaking country are exempt form submitting an EPT reeport.(English native speaking countries: Guyana,New Zealand, United States, Ireland, United Kingdom, Australia, Canada)
- 3.Applicants who are already enrolled in KAIST as graduate degree program (MS/PhD) student during the period of application are exempt form submitting the EPT report.
FAQ: Advising Professor
- Should I contact a potential Advising professor?
- - Yes.It is hight recommended for applicants to find an advising professor before applying. The list of the SoC professors can be found on the website:https://cs.kaist.ac.kr/people/faculty
- How can I apply for KAIST scholarship?
- - Select ‘KAIST Scholarship’ as a means of your financial resources on the form of statement of financial resources in the online application.
- Are courses in KAIST taught in English?
- - Over 80% of lectures are offered in English. Most of the major courses are offered in English.
- I want to learn more about KAIST.
- Visit https://kaist.ac.kr
- - I want to learn more about School of Computing.
- Visit https://cs.kaist.ac.kr
KAIST International Student Admissions Main Page: