▶ List of CS Conference for PhD Degree : Download
▶ List of CS Journals for PhD Degree : Download
Refer to the following announcement for CS PhD Graduation requirements and PhD Proposal, PhD Qualifying Exam, Enrollment Period and so on.
1. CS PhD Graduation requirement (for all Students)
- Follow the current department CS Journal list for PhD degree
- Other accomplishments may be accepted under the confirmation of “CS Department PhD committee”
2. Enrollment Period for Students who entered after 2009 Spring
- Enrollment Period :
MS Degree- 2 years (within term)/ 3 years(term exceeded)/ 4 years (extension after recognition)
PhD Degree- 4 years (within term)/ 5 years(term exceeded)/ 6 years (extension after recognition)
MS&PhD Integrated Degree- 6 years (within term)/ 7 years (extension after recognition)
- PhD Proposal: within 2 years ("Request for Appointment of Dissertation Committee for PhD" at least 2 weeks before the proposal date)
- PhD Qualifying Exam: within 1.5 years
■ QE guidelines
1)PhD program students must pass their QEs within a year and a half after entering the program.
2) Master’s-PhD Integrated program students must pass their QEs within a year and a half from the first semester they are considered PhD candidates.
3) Students transferring from other departments must pass their QEs within a year and a half from the semester in which the department transfer was processed.
4) Any leave of absence of up to a maximum of two years (i.e. military service, pregnancy and childcare, illness, general leave etc.) shall not be counted when determining the deadline for passing the QE.
5) QE guidelines:
|When to apply||Applications must be submitted during the application period in Spring & Fall semesters. This period will be after the period for grade posting.|
|How to apply||Students whose grade point average in two courses is 3.3 or higher should submit their application to the administration office within the application period.
|QE rules||Students can apply to take the QE with courses that they have taken, as follows.
To apply for the QE, students must select TWO courses from the three areas: Theory, Software, and Computer Systems, with each course from the different area. When a student achieves B- or above for both the selected courses AND their average is 3.3 or above, he/she is regarded as "pass the QE". The courses transferred from other universities with being marked as S/U on a transcript cannot be applied for the QE.
This rule applies to the current enrolled students and the new students starting in Spring of 2020.
6)Courses for QE
CS500 Design and Analysis of Algorithms
CS504 Computational Geometry
CS520 Theory of Programming Languages
CS522 Theory of Formal Languages and Automata
CS579 Computational Linguistics
CS550 Software Engineering
CS552 Models of Software Systems
CS554 Designs for Software and Systems
CS560 Database System or CS562 Database Design
CS570 Artificial Intelligence and Machine Learning
CS572 Intelligence Robotics
CS574 Natural Language Processing
CS576 Computer Vision
CS580 Computer Graphics
CS590 Semantic Web
|Computer systems||CS510 Computer Architecture
CS530 Operating System
CS540 Network Architecture
CS542 Internet System Technology
CS543 Distributed Systems
CS546 Wireless Mobile Internet
CS548 Advanced Information Security
CS584 Human-Computer Interaction